Thursday, January 21, 2010

getting by

I'm really excited about this new blog. The only problem is that I don't have a decent camera right now. My nearly 5 year old digital camera was holding on by a thread, and while acting up one day I smashed it. It's dead. Luckily, Daisy got a cute little digital camera for Christmas that was tiding me over......until she lost it. Eventually it'll turn up. Until then, I'll be picking through the photos I have already stored in my computer. Getting my hands on a sharp digital SLR would be a dream, but until $500 blossoms from my money tree, I'll have to make due with what I got. Today was a little painful to drag myself through. Just a little bit. We spent most of the night before (until 11:30) helping Lilly with her multiplication and division homework. That was fun. I patiently spent two hours explaining how to get the answers to the higher multiplication problems that she hasn't bothered to memorize yet. While getting eyes rolled at me twice, I was trying to decide if she was acting like a teenager or a toddler. Both. At the same time. So this morning my eyelids didn't want to stay open. And I had a headache for a good portion of the day. That's ok though, because we got through Lilly's homework without giving her any answers, and since I tend to turn to food to comfort I made some of my great grandma Millie's apple dumplings. They're hot and bubbly and smell amazing right now cooling on the stove. Mmmm...I can't wait to dig in!

No comments: