Monday, May 31, 2010

picnic

We had a lovely lovely lovely picnic today.  It was a little humid but not too hot.  Lazy daisy day.  There was a slip & slide involved (not pictured), yummy food, painting, and cloud gazing.  I began the day with wonder and excitement.  We had a busy slow moving morning (installing a washer/dryer & re-arranging the girls bedroom).  Then we went out for supplies.  All I wanted was to go to Michaels to get a metal ringed sketch book to use as an art journal.  I have a million notebooks that would have worked.  I even have a nice Moleskine journal.  But I wanted one that could expand if I did some mixed-media in it.  Anyway, I made the mistake of bringing the girls to the craft store with me.  I get plenty distracted on my own, let alone the girls asking for stickers and stamps and their own art journals.  We walked out of Michaels with 3 art journals, paint, watercolors, oil pastels, paintbrushes, scrapbook paper, stamps, stickers, and rhinestones.  Um.  Yeah.  Then we went to the grocery store to get picnicy food, picking up every sample they offered because by then it was nearly 3 and I'm pretty sure the girls ate real food, but I ate chips for breakfast.  So starving I frantically threw together this picnic for the front yard so we could eat.  I guess Pumpkin was hungry too, cause he wanted what we were having!  After our bellies were full we got lazy again and life got slow.  That's the best thing about picnics I think.  They seem to go on forever.  It reminds me of summertime when you were a kid and you had the whole summer to do nothing and everything.  We should picnic more often.  It's a nice change of pace.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey..Amy again, I use a spiral bound mixed media book and cover the front..it is my favorite thing to use as a journal..you can tape, staple, paint whatever and it holds up.......