Tuesday, August 17, 2010

4 simple goals.


 Elsie, over at A Beautiful Mess came up with a great idea, called 4 Simple Goals.  The goals are to be achieved by the end of 2010.   Here are the guidelines:

1. choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.
2. do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". get what i'm saying? positive actions instead of just the end result!
3. choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! they can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4. choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! it can be a small or large reward.
5. blog your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year!

.......and here are my goals:
1.  Serve my family breakfast every day.  School is about to begin.  Gone are the lazy summer days of sleeping in and eating when we feel like it.  My goal isn't to cook breakfast every day, but rather to serve breakfast every day.  I will want to cook most days, but realistically we will be having cereal or yogurt and fruit days.  The point is to have a descent healthy breakfast on the table every morning so we can start the day off right.  No more last minute granola bars or McDonald's like last year!  The reward- the peace of mind knowing that I fed my family well before we all go off on our separate ways to face the day.
2.  Carve out an hour for myself each day.  More than likely I will be taking the hour I have after I drop the girls off at school.  I might sit at a coffee shop alone and work on blog stuff.  I might snuggle up on the couch with my morning coffee and a real book.  I might work in one of my journals.  I might walk.  Just me time.  The reward- This goal is the reward itself!  I feel less stressed and more optimistic when I take time to be alone.  My family will have a happier me, and I will connect more with them in the evenings.
3.  Work harder at work.  I have one of those jobs that the more you put into it, the more reward you get from it.  I'm not going to take on extra hours or anything.  Just look a little nicer, clean a little more, and be willing to make myself available to help out in any way that I can.  The reward-more $, with which I will splurge on a new pair of comfy work shoes, and a few new pairs of work pants.  And probably a new smock.
4.  Wash my face and brush and floss my teeth every night before I go to bed.  Sometimes All the time I get so tired that I fall asleep watching a movie with my boyfriend, and then drag myself to bed with my make-up still on!  This is a horrible horrible horrible habit to fall into.  I want to feel fresh and clean before I go to bed.  If it takes taking my shower as soon as I get home, than that's what it takes.  The reward- clear skin and healthy teeth and gums.  I might be inspired to treat myself to a new lipstick or eyeshadow, and some whitening strips.

I hope you all choose to join in on this exciting challenge!  What are your goals for the end of the year?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your breakfast goal! It's amazing how small things can make you feel so much better!

John'aLee said...

I cracked up at your 'blog title'! You go girl!!
Love the post. Makes a person stop and think.

Cheray Natalie... said...

I love these! :) I blogged my 4 simple goals too, but I just want to keep adding more! ;)
I really need to find time for myself everyday too!
Goodluck xx