Friday, April 22, 2011

reward myself for my accomplishments

reward myself for my accomplishments
One thing I am learning, that is a huge motivator, is rewarding myself.  I have a lot to do.  A LOT to do.  So having something to look forward to is a great way to push myself.  It's usually something small, like Starbucks, or watching my favorite show, or maybe even a new candle or body wash.  It's ok to treat yourself for accomplishing something.  Sometimes I get so overwhelmed when I think about everything that needs to get done, so I don't do anything, feeling so guilty.  You have to tell yourself, "one step at a time, don't compare yourself to others, & you are only human".  So you ran errands all day and you were too exhausted to clean when you came home?  So what.  You spent your entire day off running errands (not to mention making breakfast, lunches, and dinner, feeding the animals too, and being pulled in a million other directions...)!  So relax.  Don't bite off more than you can chew.  Focus on one thing at a time, and give yourself a break.  Break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat bar!    :P
Tell me, what motivates you?  What do you reward yourself with???

1 comment:

Cheray Natalie... said...

You're so right hun! Rewarding yourself really is the best motivator to get things done!
I've decided to reward myself with a vintage dress whenever I check off something big on my to-do list!
(this week i'm rewarding myself with a whole day of thrifting! yay!)
and please pass some of that kitkat my way (especially if it's a dark chocolate one! yumm-o!)
xxx