Monday, November 1, 2010

an award!!


I just got my first blog award!  How exciting!!!  Elizabeth, over at Zomboid, gave me my first ever blog award.  She is a fellow member of the I Heart Fall class I am taking.  You should check out her blog, it is great.  She does really awesome journal pages too that she posts there as well.  Yay!!

To accept the Versatile Blogger Award the rules are:
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.

So, here are 7 things you may or may not know about myself:
1. Turning 28 has been very informative for me. For some reason, 28 has been such an insightful year.  It seems like every day important life information just hits me, and it's a great feeling.  Maybe it's maturity.  I'm growing up.  It's so strange though, like I've found a key that opens a door to a whole world of knowledge that has been locked up until now.  It's a hard thing to describe, but I am loving this enlightening feeling.  It's great.
2.  I'm starting to care less and less about how I look.  Don't get me wrong, I'm totally vain and want to look MY version of good, and be fit and healthy and hot or whatever......I just don't want to look perfect.  I want to throw my hair up into a ponytail and get on with life.  I want to wear jeans and sneakers and hoodies.  I'm starting to care more about what I do and how I act, and so who cares if I didn't curl my hair or put on eyeliner?
3. I enjoy art for the simple joy of making something.  My work isn't perfect.  I don't want it to be.  I don't consider myself an artist, though I am creative and usually do well with arts and crafts.  I am just as happy making a construction paper animal as I am working on something much more complex.  It's the paper, the paint, the glue that make me happy.
4.  I collect school supplies.  I get such joy in buying things like notebooks and pens.  I absolutely love it.  A new box of crayons is like heaven to me.  Maybe these supplies take me back to a simpler stress free time in my life, I don't know.....but I can't get enough.  I'm the girl that will buy a folder with no reason for it other than I liked the folder.  Don't set me loose in Staples!
5.  I love cooking, but I love baking more.  While cooking is an art, baking is a science.  Things have to measured and mixed perfectly to create a perfect baked good.  It makes me proud to know I can bake.  Plus the treats and the smells are to die for.  You know a hobby is really good if you like cleaning up after it too.  Rinsing a bowl of batter is fun.  Can't say the same for a pan of lasagna.
6.  I'm no English teacher, but bad grammar drives me up the wall!  I can't stand the word aint, and being from mid-Missouri, you can imagine all the other improper grammar that surrounds me.  It really bugs the crap out of me when I hear it in a finished product like a song or a book.  Why would you want to sound like you are an uneducated fool?
7.  I strongly dislike Summer.  My ancestors were from Norway.  I like love Fall and Winter the best.  Spring is nice too.  Winter is just cool.  Did you like that pun??  Anyway, I love love love tons of snow, people wearing real clothes, eating warm food, and hibernating.  Snow is just magical, and the icy air on your face reminds you that you are alive.....so refreshing.  Extreme weather is really fun.  Rain is really cool too.  Thunderstorms are exciting.  Intense weather just makes me smile.

Now, I must spread the love....
Here are the 7 blogs that I will pass the award on to (check out their awesome blogs!):
1. The Nearsighted Owl
2. A Quirky Girls Thoughts
3. From Scratch
4. Pixies and Bears
5. Hoot-N-Annie
6. Awkwardly Beautiful
7. Scissor Quirk

*I am just honored to get this little award....It really made my day!

5 comments:

sabrina said...

I agree with almost everything you've said. (Bad grammar doesn't really bother me much. Only in letters or e-mails. Sometimes poor grammar in songs is on purpose.)

I'm 30, and in the last two years I've started to care less about my appearance and more about WHO I really am. I think it IS growing up and becoming a mature adult. I leave the house on a daily basis without makeup, which used to be a huge "no-no". I guess I'm more comfortable in my own skin now.

claudia said...

I am so thankful you feel you are growing up!!! And i find it funny, not haha funny, but awesome funny, that the things you like things are all things i like and take after the family so much...art, school supplies, baking, love of winter, it is great!! and P.S. Pumpkin spece creamer is awesome in instant oatmeal!!

Natty said...

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the award! You're too sweet!

Have a great day!
<3
Natty

Jacque said...

Thank you so much for such a lovely award! I really enjoyed reading your "7 Things" and learning more about you. Congrats on receiving this blog award! You really deserve it because your blog is adorable!!

Nicole Coffin. said...

thanks again everybody! things like this make me feel like there are people out there who care about what i have to say....such an awesome feeling!!