Monday, November 1, 2010

thank you.

November is a great time to stop stressing out over the little details in life, stop worrying about perfection, and start to think about what you are grateful for and happy about in your little life.  I have so much to do (Always.), and so many things I want to focus on, that sometimes it's hard to just pick one, do it, and be done with it.  Do you ever hesitate to post something because you don't have a great photo for it yet? Don't journal because you can't decide on the most perfect supplies?  Don't dress up because you get self-conscious?  Don't eat something because you feel guilty because it's "bad"?  Put off paying your bills because you're afraid you won't have enough money left after you do?  Don't work out because it's cold or you don't have cute work out clothes?  Look at other people's blogs and flickr accounts instead of blogging yourself because you are afraid you don't have anything interesting or worthwhile enough to say?  Avoid being part of the group because you don't want to deal with anything negative you might have to deal with (people are unstable emotional wrecks- all of us- and you have to learn how to handle tough situations constantly)?  If, like me, you find yourself saying yes YES YESSS!!! to all of the above........I encourage you, like me, to get out there and liveLet it go.  That is my new mantra.  Just let it go, breathe, and get on with it.  You can do it.  Let go of the worry.  Life is hard.  Life is messy.  It always will be.  But you know what?  Life is an amazing adventure too.  Be smart, be responsible, be reasonable, and do what makes you happy.  I am constantly being reminded of how strong I am.  How much I can go through.  I have an amazing boyfriend who has taught me things like, Life is just a giant playground.....we can do whatever we want.......of course we will have to take responsibility for our actions....but that is no reason to not do what we want to do.  It really is exciting to know that there are so many incredible opportunities out there for us, whatever we choose to do with our lives.  I am going to take baby steps in putting myself out there in this big scary world.  But I'm doing it.  I promise to post something every single day in November.  I am going to go through the very therapeutic process of writing down the things I am thankful for every single day of November.  I hope you all will join me.  I'm gonna make some buttons up tonight to post on your blogs, so come back later and check my sidebar If you want to play along.  I plan on posting lots of journal prompts and pages too to get everyone excited!  Now, go live it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: