Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 resolutions.

new years resolutions
...oh resolutions.  Do you guys make resolutions?  Most people don't make resolutions anymore.  There's a really funny and insightful blog post about making/keeping resolutions (and lack there of) here.  Me, I always make resolutions.  I can't help it.  I do these things.  It's for the same reason I eat cake on my birthday, and wear green on St. Patrick's day.  You just should.  It's a good idea really, and even if they aren't stuck to completely, they are made with good intentions.  Anything meant to encourage you to grow as a person has to be a good thing to get involved in.
     I made a mini journal of my resolutions, because if they're tangible & cute I gotta stick to them right?  But I have like, 20 resolutions, so I won't overwhelm you with a crazy image heavy post.  I plan on featuring each one separately, spacing them out over the next month or so, so you don't get sick of hearing me blab on an on about them.  :)

     Also, there is a great series of resolution posts called catching confetti, over at the Here's lookin at me kid blog.  You should go check them out......they are fun, and most of them are going on my resolution list as well!
     Whatever your resolutions are this year, I hope you can stick to your guns and follow through.  Don't aim so high that you're guaranteed to fail.  Resolutions should be reasonable, fun, and something you actually want to do.  If you don't really want to lose weight or stop smoking, don't.  You're never going to be able to change until you're truly ready.  And don't feel guilty for choosing fun resolutions instead.  If you feel a huge flood of guilt for doing so, than maybe you should focus on being kind to yourself instead.
     I have a ton of things I am really excited to work on this year (being kinder to myself is one of them), and I can't wait to share them with you!  What are your resolutions this year?  I would love it if you left a comment linking to your resolution posts also.  Good luck!!!

1 comment:

sabrina said...

I've never really made New Year's Resolutions, but I set myself some goals for this year. I REALLY want to be more organized, clean up, and pare down. I figure if I work on this little bits at a time, I'm more likely to keep with it. Maybe by the end of the year my apartment will be the type where "there's a place for everything and everything in its place".

I'm also trying to be kinder to myself this year. I started wearing makeup again. (I was too depressed to care before.) I'm also teaching myself whatever I can about business, and learning to take it in stride. My Etsy shops weren't very successful and I was taking it too hard. I'm now developing ideas and trying to build from there. (I don't know why I was stressing myself out so much. I had no idea what I was doing and should have realized that sooner.)

I'm trying not to compare myself to people who are younger than I am. Maybe they're more successful in some ways, but I have my own life experiences. I have to be proud of who I am and not try to be anything else. I'm happy and that's what matters most.