Tuesday, November 30, 2010
day 29 &30
Today I am thankful for....
* pink Christmas trees
* my iPhone4 (I'm in total Heaven)
* clean sheets
* cold filtered water
* Band-Aids & Neosporin
* a laid back attitude towards Christmas
* all of my blog readers....YOU!
- do an advent themed page. Think about fun things or treats you and/or family members can enjoy together in the days counting down to Christmas. Make a quickie advent calendar by stapling, stitching, or taping together 24 envelopes. Tuck little notes inside with fun activities like baking cookies or watching holiday movies. Easy peasy, and you have a bonus mini journal to write stories on and attach photos of you all enjoying your activities together this year! :)
- draw gingerbread houses.....or make a Christmas cookie page!!!
- write down ways that you can treat yourself well during the holiday season. Often times we get so wrapped up in thinking about others that we forget to treat ourselves a little. Could you pick up a coffee drink or a hot chocolate to accompany you on your shopping trip? Pop in for a mani/pedi? Pick up a few craft supplies or baking supplies just for fun. Schedule in a night to make cupcakes and snuggle up with a good book. Remember to eat healthy and steadily to keep your energy up and moods in check with this crazy season. And try to get enough sleep! :)
-write a letter to Santa. Explain why you have been good and deserve what is on your wishlist (actually write one out!!), or if you've been naughty and deserve coal....reflect on what went wrong and what you can do to redeem yourself and start fresh in the New Year.
I hope you all have had fun with this.....I know I have! Many thanks for everything good in my life (and yours)!!