Monday, November 8, 2010

What is wrong with the world today?!





So I watched these videos today on Youtube.  I stumbled upon them when looking up "human foods for dogs".   These make me so sick....it's so wrong.  I had a lot of laundry to do today, so I watched some documentaries on Netflix too.  I saw A Beautiful Truth, which is about how our diet can prevent and even cure diseases as deadly as tuberculosis and cancer.  Then I watched a Michael Moore movie on capitalism.  There is a reason I don't watch the news.  There are horrible horrible horrible things going on all over the place that just make me so angry and sick to my stomach.  It's really really sad and embarrassing to learn the things that the drug and the food industries, and the government just let slide.  How greedy people can be.  Anything to make a quick buck.  I really recommend checking out these documentaries.  The Beautiful truth is actually pretty cool, but just has some points in there that make you hate the pharmaceutical industry.  Charolette Gerson is a pretty neat lady....she tells a pretty inspiring story.  Watching things like this make me have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that sticks around for a long time.  It's like, you know that there are pretty despicable things going on, but out of sight out of mind makes you feel a lot better on a day to day basis.  That capitalism movie made a good point that pretty much sums up how I feel about these things.  People feel great about what they have, and aren't thinking about what they are leaving behind in this world.  It should be about what you do, how you treat people, and leaving the world a bit better because you were in it.  One of my most favorite childhood books was Miss Rumphius ( The Lupine Lady) by Barbara Cooney.  In the book, it tells the tale of a woman who scattered lupine seeds all over her town to leave it a more beautiful place.  If you have children you should read them this book...it teaches a really good lesson.  It seems like, the richer people get these days, the less they care about everyone else.  I couldn't live with myself if I let those things go on.  I want to be like the Lupine lady.

No comments: